Next Generation Membership
£49 single membership
£67 double membership
Historic Houses in the UK, and those within the membership of the HHA, look to their future through the next generation of family members who may one day live in or run a business in the house. Whether those family members are involved currently in these activities or simply wish to understand what they will do in the future, membership of the Next Generation group is encouraged.
The group is for anyone of the next generation to the current owners who might either live in the house in the future or be involved in any businesses in and around the house that help support it. We recognise that, even if they do not live in the house, additional family members are involved in it and can benefit from the events we run. You can join the group even if the house is not a Full Member of the HHA.
Throughout the year we put on events, drinks, visits to estates and professional seminars to give our members a broad range of knowledge and support that will be thought-provoking and generate ideas for securing the future of the house. These seminars are in addition to the series of seminars organised for Full Members to which next Generation Members are also invited.
We aim to cover subjects such as:
Energy efficiency in historic houses
- Renewable energy
- Filming/photography locations
- Legal support for business and family
- Modern accounting for the historic house
- Modern uses for a walled garden
- The technicalities of a change in generation
Next Generation Members receive copies of the Association’s quarterly magazine Historic House, which usually contains a Next Generation page, the Annual Report and Directory & List of Members and membership cards which provide free access to around 300 HHA Member properties during normal opening times.
To view the properties that offer free access to HHA Membership card holders please click here.
Benefits to Members
- Supporting your interests and lobbying Government on your behalf. The more Members we represent, the greater our influence.
- Free advisory services through expert committees and specialist advisers covering topics such as Tax, Security, Education, Planning and Commercial Development.
- Invitations to HHA seminars with expert speakers providing opportunities to share knowledge on relevant subjects for owners of open and non-open houses alike, and to seminars tailored to particular interests of the Next Generation.
- Access to the Members’ section of the HHA website (www.hha.org.uk) which has news updates, special offers, casebook studies, a Members’ Forum and further advice and guidance.
- Historic House, our quarterly magazine.
- Invitations to the Annual General Meeting, Regional AGMs, Next Generation events and informal drinks.
- Annual Report and Directory & List of Members.
- Membership card which gives free access to around 300 HHA Member properties which are open to the public.
We look forward to welcoming new members and catching up with current members over the coming year.