Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information contained on this site is true and accurate, we cannot give any warranty to that effect. We cannot be responsible for the consequences of reliance on that information. However this disclaimer is not intended to affect your statutory rights.
In particular, please note that we cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of materials viewable from this site which are not provided or maintained by us. These materials may be provided by (but are not limited to) links, frames and portals.
The materials contained on this site are copyright to us and may be subject to other intellectual property rights. Whilst the pages may be downloaded or copied for the purposes for which the site is intended, such copies may only be used by you and within your organisation, and not for any commercial use without our express consent. All copyrights and trademark notices, marks, disclaimers and other such elements must be preserved and upheld at all times.
Terms & Conditions
- By agreeing to order products on this site the buyer agrees to buy at the price and in the way described on the site. The seller's acceptance of the order is conditional on receipt of payment, the ability of the seller to provide the product or service and there being no error or innocent misrepresentation by either party. If for any reason the product/service cannot be provided within 30 days any payment will be fully refunded.
- The Buyer is entitled to withdraw from this agreement and return any goods in the condition and packaging in which they were received within eight days of receiving them. Any payment which has been received for the goods will be refunded to the buyer within thirty days of the goods being received back by the seller.
- The buyer accepts responsibility for judging the suitability of the product for the buyer's required purpose.
- The products, any advice, and the presentation of the products have been prepared in accordance with English Law, but the seller does not claim that they necessarily accord with the laws of other countries.
- To the extent permitted by law the seller excludes any warranties in relation to the product. However the buyer's statutory rights are not affected.
- The buyer acknowledges that the seller may retain and use the buyer's details provided with this order. The seller confirms that it will not pass these details to other parties without the buyer's consent, except to the extent required to perform this contract.
- Any sale or service is subject to English law and the sole jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Delivery, refund and cancellation policy; The Association will normally deliver by post a membership card or cards to a new Friend of the HHA within 21 days of receiving an order and payment for the annual subscription. Details of credit cards will be taken at the time of application for Friends Membership but payment will not be taken through the card until the day of despatch of the membership card or cards.
- Membership cards may be despatched by Special Delivery within 24 hours upon payment of an additional sum payable by credit card.
- Annual subscriptions for Friends Membership become due on the last day of the month, 12 months from the month of joining and annually thereafter.
- There are no concessionary rates for senior citizens.
- The Association has no Life membership and is unable to accept Gift Aid donations.
- No refunds of annual subscriptions will be made, other than in relation to clause 2.
- The Association may on occasion need to limit the number of Friends in any given region or county and so reserves the right to alter the term of membership at the beginning of each year or visiting season.
- The card gives free admission only during published opening times and only to the houses and gardens listed in the current edition of Houses & Gardens which Members and Friends may visit. No other properties may be visited free.
- Free entry is to the main property only, not always to the alternative attractions (museums, game parks, adventure playgrounds, special exhibitions, gardens or car parks etc, which may be under separate management).
- Member houses may resign at any time during the year. When this happens they generally honour their agreement to allow Friends free access during that year. In the unlikely event of a Friend being refused free entry, the Association is unable to offer refunds.
- Friends must have their card/s with them when they set out on a journey as they will not be admitted free of charge without it, nor can admission fees be refunded. Friends are strongly recommended to telephone the relevant property to check opening times before their visit. On arrival at any of Member properties, the Friend's membership number will be recorded and the Friend may be asked to sign in, and may also be asked some supplementary questions.
- Membership cards are not transferable.
- In order to gain free entry to Member properties, Friends must wait for delivery of their cards and joining packs before making use of the scheme.