The Friends of the HHA are much appreciated by both the HHA and by our Member properties. The financial and moral support of Friends helps the HHA to advise, promote and represent the views of privately-owned historic properties. In recognition of this support, Friends receive free admission to hundreds of historic houses and gardens which open regularly to the public.
If you intend to visit one specific property regularly, we recommend you consider buying their season ticket, if one is available. However, for visiting a wide variety of properties within the UK, HHA Friends membership offers outstanding value for money.
View our list of Member properties offering free access to Friends.
As an HHA Friend, you also receive:
- Our quarterly magazine Historic House, which brings you closer to the joys and tribulations of running a historic house
- Opportunities to join special tours, some to properties which are not usually open to the public
- Opportunities to attend the Annual General Meeting and HHA/Smiths Gore Lecture
- Opportunities to attend occasional social events for Friends in some Regions and the annual Hugh Shirreff Lecture
- A range of attractive affinity offers and promotions
Annual Friends membership subscriptions are as follows:
Individual adult: £48 (or £45 by Direct Debit)
- Double adult at same address: £77 (or £72 by Direct Debit)
- Each additional Friend at the same address (in addition to Double membership): £23 (or £22 by Direct Debit)
- Each additional child (under 16) at the same address: £23 (or £22 by Direct Debit)
NB most HHA houses give free access to children under 5 years of age.
Friends Membership is open to everyone, both in the UK and abroad.
For a more in depth look at what you get, and how to become a Friend of the HHA, please click here
Want to speak to someone about Friends Membership? Phone us on 01462 896 688