Friends Membership (for visitors)
£43.50 single membership
£69.50 double membership
£21 additional family member
The Friends of the HHA are an important group within the Association. They offer invaluable support for both the HHA and our Member properties and, in recognition of this support, they are offered free admission to nearly 300 historic houses and gardens which open regularly to the public.
There are currently more houses and gardens within the HHA Friends Scheme than are owned by the National Trust and English Heritage put together. The opportunity to visit all these properties, free of charge, represents excellent value for money. However, the intention of Friends Membership is that Friends should visit widely, so if you intend to visit a particular property on a regular basis it may be more appropriate to purchase their season ticket, if available.
Benefits of Friends Membership include:
- FREE visits to around 300 magnificent houses, castles and gardens
- FREE annual booklet listing details of properties that are free to Friends to visit
- FREE copies of our quarterly magazine Historic House
- FREE quarterly Activities newsletter for special Friends' visits with opportunities to see properties that may not normally open to the public
- Opportunities to attend the Annual General Meeting and HHA/Smiths Gore Lecture
- Opportunities to attend occasional social events for Friends in some Regions and the annual Hugh Shirreff Lecture
For a more in depth look at what you get, and how to become a friend of the HHA please click here
For a list of properties currently available to visit free with your Friends Membership card please see Free to Friends
Friends Membership is open to everyone, both in the UK and abroad.
Please note the HHA Friends Membership Department will be closed over Christmas and New Year and applications for Friends Membership
will not be processed during this time.
The office will be closed on Tuesday 24 December, re-opening on Thursday 2 January.