A satisfyingly symmetrical and typical William and Mary house, built in 1681 and set in 18th century landscaped gardens. The house is still owned by the Warde Family, descendants of John Warde who purchased Squerryes in 1731. There is a fine collection of old master paintings from the Italian, 17th century Dutch and 18th century English schools, furniture, porcelain and tapestries, all acquired or commissioned by the family in the 18th century.
Features: The family have restored part of the 1700's Anglo-Dutch gardens visited by William III using original plans and a 1719 print as a guide.
M25/J6. E on A25.