Small Palladian mansion built in 1788 by James Wyatt for James Hereford, of the family that has lived in Mordiford since 1140. Interiors also by Wyatt, the finest being the Music Room (now Drawing Room).
Features: Park laid out by Repton (whose 'red book' survives) using the house's superb situation above the rivers Wye and Lugg.
This property offers free access to HHA Friends and Members during normal opening hours - please check opening times.
2013: 14-27 May & 13-26 August: 2-5pm. Guided tours 2, 3 & 4pm.
Please contact the property for up to date opening times