Grouped with Saxon church, Georgian stables and old walled garden, this is an exquisite Elizabethan manor house with rococo interiors added by Thomas Pritchard, the builder of the famous Iron Bridge.
Features: Walled and ornamental gardens; earlier monastic dovecote.
This property offers free access to HHA Friends and Members during normal opening hours - please check opening times.
Easter–end September: Thursdays, 2.30–5.30pm. Also Sundays and Mondays of Bank Holidays, 2.30–5.30pm. Last admission 5pm. Groups of 20+ at any time of day or year by prior arrangement.
Please contact the property for up to date opening times
Groups and special visitsBack to top
Shipton Hall was built around 1587 by Richard Lutwyche to replace a much older black & white timbered house which was destroyed by fire earlier in the 16th century. The house has been described as \"an exquisite specimen of Elizabethan architecture set in a quaint old fashioned garden, the whole forming a picture which, as regards both form and colour, satisfies the artistic sense of even the most fastidious\". Inside the house there is an interesting combination of elegant Georgian roccoco decor with some beautiful Tudor panelling and timberwork. We can provide tea/coffee and biscuits or a buffet for up to 50, a sit down lunch/dinner for up to 30 or a more formal lunch/dinner in the main dining room for up to 12. We would be delighted to discuss other requirements, suggest menus or to assist with further arrangements locally.
|Tailor Made Facilities|
|Visits to House||Yes|
|Visits to Garden||Yes|
|Contact:|| ||Mrs J N R Bishop|
|Address:|| ||Shipton Hall|
|Town:|| ||Much Wenlock|
|Postcode:|| ||TF13 6JZ|
|Phone:|| ||01746 785225|