This is the Prior's Hall with its associated rooms and monks' cells of the former Benedictine monastery of c. 1480, whose church survives alongside. Outstanding medieval hall roof and collections of vestments, embroideries and paintings.
Features: 10 acres of former monastic grounds with spring bulbs, blossoms, old-fashioned roses and shrubs.
This property offers free access to HHA Friends and Members during normal opening hours - please check opening times.
2013: 17 April – 18 July on Wednesdays & Thursdays by guided tours only 2.15-5pm (last tour of house 4.15pm). Garden visits only are also available on other weekdays by prior arrangement. Group bookings for the house tour (maximum 30 people) are welcome by private arrangement.
Please contact the property for up to date opening times