Built in 1733 for Sir Peter Vandeput, added to in 1766 for Henry Dawkins and purchased by Parliament in 1812 for the Admiral's brother and his heirs as a tribute to the great Admiral and Battle of Trafalgar (and required to change its name from Standlynch Park to Trafalgar Park). The house is set in 100 acres of listed parkland and is being restored as a private residence.
Groups and special visits
If you are interested in visiting this property please apply in writing.
Tailor Made Facilities
|Visits to House||Yes|
|Visits to Garden||Yes|
|Contact:|| ||Michael Wade Esq|
|Address:|| ||Trafalgar Park|
|Town:|| ||near Salisbury|
|Postcode:|| ||SP5 3QR|
|Fax:|| ||01722 711307|
Civil Ceremony and Wedding Reception
The recently constructed driveway leading to the Portico provides an impressive entrance for any occasion. The double height Baroque Hall greets visitors with its fine original 18th century plasterwork completed in 1733 - and often used for musical events or receptions for up to 200 guests.
The Baroque Hall links with the Saloon - ideal for receptions, meetings and lunches/dinners for up to 50 guests.
The South Wing contains the original dining room - which can seat up to 60 people - and is also used as a family wing. The North Wing interior is currently derelict awaiting plans to renovate it into a splendid double height 90 foot auditorium - or possibly into an extremely high standard of guest accomodation of six suites. This finely restored room is ideal for smaller meetings and lunches/dinners for up to 16 people. The Formal Gardens leading from the Saloon provide an excellent backdrop, with fine views, for the addition of a marquee suitable for dinner and dancing for up to 300 guests.